In slang terms, when something is “clutch,” it knows how to perform under pressure in those crucial moment that comes between winning and losing.
In fashion, a clutch is made to carry the essentials: lipstick, keys, a phone, and perhaps a few tampons. The bag is generally used at night, and meant to be held in one’s hand as easily as an envelope or small parcel.
Combining these terms, one can have a “clutch that is clutch”.
(From Top Right, Clockwise)
- Imperial leather box clutch by Anya Hindmarch includes her signature cartoonish eyes that give this piece whimsy.
- The Leo Clutch by Rebecca Minkoff features an exposed zipper trim.
- Alice+Olivia’s Stripe Be Beaded clutch adds an elegant touch to any outfit.
- A seriously cool clutch for all the heart melters out there by Minty Jungle.
- The ASOS Punchout clutch is created using laser-cut flap designs.
- Partially Parisian, and very feminine, this Poodle print envelope is the ultimate quirky pattern from ASOS.
- Edie Parker’s Jean Striped Acrylic and Glitter Clutch is inspired by midcentury styles worn by socialites and showgirls.
- Matte leather, magnetic closure and beaded sequins intermingle in this geometric masterpiece by River Island.
- A hardshell Kayu clutch with embroidered stars on the woven exterior.