I know it’s 96 degrees Fahrenheit, and so humid that one’s curly hair is acting as a sponge, but Club Monaco released its Fall 2013 lookbook and mentally, I’m in autumnal heaven. Dusty shades of pale pink and blue give a feminine twist to the classic palette of black, white and camel. Strange textures like calf-skin bonded with wool; cashmere, shearling and stretch leather, are calling my name. Someone crank up the AC, because I might need to wear a peacoat in July.
1. RabLabs Quadrado Spreader set of 2 Azure from Zhush. These stylish spreaders will make an elegant statement on any hors d’oeuvres platter. Ancient agate stone is married with modern design, creating a fusion that appeals to modernists and traditionalists alike. In Azure blue or smoke gray.
2. Salt Water Cure by Tina Crespo via Society 6 in a contemporary, black, gesso coated frame. Peer into a far away place, engulf oneself in the gentle hues of the ocean and sky.
3. Leopard No 1 Napkin Holder by Piselli Projects via Aha Life. Exotic and oversize, this pure white ceramic leopard napkin ring adds an element of chic surprise, and a touch of wild, to your table.
1. Michael Aram’s Convertible Sunburst Frame, via Bloomingdales, is inspired by the golden glow of the sun which channels its powerful energy and nourishing light; this frame breathes even more life into your precious moments captured on film (or in the digital realm). Unexpected textures lend a punky vibe to any space.
2. Pyrite, from the Evolution Store, is an Iron Sulfide, and can be a stunning natural mineral. Because of its yellowish metallic luster, it is often referred to as “fool’s gold”. It is found all over the world, and takes many different forms, from blobby concretions to natural, sharply faceted and cubic crystals.
3. Organic and original, the Vanessa bowls by Arteriors, via Zinc Door, marry an earthy tone and exceptional design. An ivory crackle and gold speckle exterior complements this sets metallic gold interior finish.