The beach, the waterfront, the coast, the ocean, the seashore, a littoral place – whatever you call the water, it’s easier to be inspired by hues of blues. Memorial Day, first and foremost, brings introspection and thankfulness. Regardless of one’s political lilt, I find it important to remember the fallen, to give honor and respect to those who sacrifice life and comfort for the stability of a national. As the famous American Mark Twain once wrote, “Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
The second item is that Memorial Day ushers in the beginning of the summer. For we East Coasters, this means the mass migration to the rental homes, the shore bungalows and the coastal retreats! The turnpike is packed with the chugging of cars towards the tides.
- 1 (one) // Sachajuan’s Ocean Mist is the perfect, leave-in treatment for natural beachy waves.
- 2 (two) //Bridge by Jeremy Miranda. Miranda is from Newport, RI and lives and works in Salem, MA. Print by Mammoth and Co.
- 3 (three) // The Peking Pebble Parade pillow’s energetic vibe exudes seaside style. With eclectic charm, this decorative accessory pops with ocean turquoise circles across cream linen from Zinc Door.
- 4 (four) // Fornash, striped shell earring in enamel and metal. The perfect, preppy stud with a pop of color.
- 5 (five) // Starred and striped canvas espadrilles from the OAS. Sole made from braided natural materials.
- 6 (six) // The Nanette Lepore Hula Hipsters and Underwire Top in blue motif.
- 7 (seven) // Hay & Scholten & Baijings’ Color Carpet Rug #3. In the deft hands of a couple, routine patterns and graphics are revitalized in joyful colorations with pastels and pops of neon.
- 8 (eight) // Is there anything better than decorating a table with wildflowers and eating a meal outside under a clear summer sky? In Summer Food you’ll find suggestions for the perfect warm-weather dishes with more than 90 easy recipes for featuring fresh ingredients. Gorgeous, lifestyle photography throughout showcases the simplicity and beauty of summer.
- 9 (nine) // In a sophisticated ocean blue hue, these handcrafted small and large ceramic accessories by Jamie Young express contemporary texture with molded geometric details. Can hold water.