Look from the 2013 sneak preview of the new Saturday brand from the preppy meets mod folks at Kate Spade New York is. Slated to launch in March, the line will have a lower price point than previous Spade iterations while retaining the whimsical graphic nature of its beloved aesthetic. Everything about the designs embodies the weekend – relaxed, fun, carefree – with the brand mantra that “Saturday is escaping plans, Saturday is no alarm clock, Saturday is never soon enough”. Live everyday like it’s Saturday:
- Jack Wills – The Shrewsbury Cushion adds an instant pop of color and typography to any space. Like a neon Boggle board, the cool print will keep visitors entertained for hours wondering, “What does that spell?”
- Dering Hall – The Norell Ottoman with Lucite Legs is made from bespoke vintage scarves. The epitome of glam, use this as a coffee table or a silk cushioned chair. Hidden among the legs is the designer’s signature.
- Williams-Sonoma – The Oval Stoneware Bread Basket looks pleasing but it also serves a clever function. Tucked inside this heated stoneware basket, baked goods stay warm at the table. It’s easy to use: Place the basket in a 350°F oven for approximately 15 minutes; line it with a cloth napkin before filling with warm breads or muffins. The thick base will continue to gently radiate heat.
- Jonathan Adler – The Capuchine Water Tower is made of stripes of matte cream poured over unglazed brown clay. The studip’s pottery begins its life in a Soho studio, where Jonathan and his team design and sculpt every prototype. Yet, the product you are viewing is produced by skilled artisans at his main workshop in Peru!
- Rainbow Darkness – The POW Comic Book Expression Post Earrings are the perfect gift for any geek chic girl who has a passion for super heroes! Remember those dorky yet awesome Adam West batman shows from the sixties? These earrings get the vibe perfectly.
- Superette – The Tosca & Salome Skull Candle in pink is a strikingly morbid yet effeminate display. I only imagine it becoming creepier as the wax melts over the eye sockets.
The Prabal Gurung for Target collaboration is a huge success. Armed with a bright arsenal of spring ready looks, the aptly named LOVE collection feels like a flutter of delicate butterfly kisses on one’s cheek. Saccharine but hip. “This collection was inspired by love, and if Target’s guests can feel even a little bit of the love that I felt while designing this collection, then I will consider it a job well done,” said Gurung. Can you feel the amore?
- Crate & Barrel – The Kuhn Rikon Green Y Peeler combines the elegance of Scandinavian Design with the irrelevant joy of pistachio green. You can’t “peel” yourself away.
- Macy’s – The butter LONDON Sweetie Shop Collection is inspired by the charming colors and silhouettes of the 50’s era. Shades influenced by soft pastels of cotton candy, milkshakes, and macaroons enhance its playful feminine edge. A brilliant sherbet, luxe lemon, and peppy violet are paired with an icy mint, a rich candy pink and a creamy khaki for a statement that’s sweet but chic.
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo instills one with the elegance of Italian style. The top notes bring the touches of Sicily with sweet freshness of bergamot, united with Frangipani flower, orange blossom, green almond, and star anise. The heart introduces the notes of white peach, coffee grains and white jasmine. The base is composed of velvety and powdery Bourbon vanilla, light musk, cedar and milky warm sandal wood. Notes of orange blend with green Mediterranean almond and ylang-ylang. The base notes blend cedar wood, vanilla, and white musk. Swim in it.
- C Wonder – These Monogram Paper Napkins give your table a personal touch with a cheerful monogrammed cocktail napkins, designed in a bright array of patterns. The party-perfect set of 20 paper napkins makes every toast even more fun!
- Bloomingdale’s – Bumble and bumble Seaweed Conditioner is a lightweight detangler made with marine seaweed and spirulina. Marine greens are practically ideal for frequent bathers. It Gently detangles, nourishes, softens, and helps to manage freshly-washed hair. The lovely branding doesn’t hurt either.
- Pier 1 Imports – Bamboo Tray in Citron Green. I am still amazed at what Vietnamese artisans can do with bamboo. In this case, they’ve spun bamboo fibers into a serving tray complete with handles, then hand-painted it with a brilliant, glossy green finish. The result is very strong, very light and very beautiful.
- HORNE – The Marigny Pillow in Atmosphere incorporates colors drawn from the architecture of New Orleans, Marigny is an homage to a vibrant city with a rhythm all its own. Kimberly Lewis pillows are printed on cotton twill made in New York City.
- MoMA Design Store – The Sprocket Wall Clock is from the celebrated graphic designer Milton Glaser, whose I ♥ NY rebus is in the MoMA collection, this ultra-thin plastic wall clock, with both a number and a color spectrum, displays time in an unconventional way. A rotating disk with a circular hole reveals the hour, while the red hand denotes minutes.