The snow is thawing, the ice has melted, I am receiving my daily allotment of Vitamin D, and spring seems to be creeping around the corner. Even little bulbs find themselves poking through the soil and tulips are back in our local bodega. We’ve officially entered the season of pastel hues and lawn picnics.
– The Sia cropped T-shirt in slub-cotton by Elizabeth and James is the perfect peach.
– Crafted from crisp cotton sateen, this classic pencil skirt sports a lush and lemony floral print that’s arguably a wearable work of art. It’s from Italy’s Luigi Verga, founded in 1940 and famous for its digital and hand-painted motifs.
– A simple, elegant leather sandal with a single wide strap at the front and leather heel cup at the back. Go ahead and frolic.
– Functional, versatile, yet playful, the Sally is a key bag for Spring ’15.
– A delicate gold bracelet featuring a spring green enamel diamond-shaped clasp. Go green.
– Betsey Johnson’s Spring Fling purple flower rhinestone stud earrings belong in your costume jewelry collection.
– Guard against the unpredictable seasonal weather with Burberry Prorsum’s umbrella.
– This elegant pillow adds a luxurious style accent to the home. It’s hand loomed from a blend of beautifully soft llama, merino wool, pure merino sheep fur detailing.
- As inspiration Stelton watched the changing colors of Danish nature. The highly insulated glass insert in these jugs will keep your beverages hot (or cold) whilst looking great. Perfect for your morning coffee, afternoon tea or spring-time lemonade.
– Go ahead and celebrate the weather. The unique design of GoVino’s set of four champagne flutes makes it easy to enjoy all your favorite bubbly on-the-go.
– Sharon Montrose has a way with animals. This little flamingo is better and brighter than your favorite plastic lawn ornament.
- Even if you don’t possess a green thumb, you can still bring the tranquility of nature into your home with artist Melissa Moore’s illuminated ecosystem. A minimal, contemporary bell jar frames and protects the fragile mosses and spindly greens inside.
The beach, the waterfront, the coast, the ocean, the seashore, a littoral place – whatever you call the water, it’s easier to be inspired by hues of blues. Memorial Day, first and foremost, brings introspection and thankfulness. Regardless of one’s political lilt, I find it important to remember the fallen, to give honor and respect to those who sacrifice life and comfort for the stability of a national. As the famous American Mark Twain once wrote, “Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
The second item is that Memorial Day ushers in the beginning of the summer. For we East Coasters, this means the mass migration to the rental homes, the shore bungalows and the coastal retreats! The turnpike is packed with the chugging of cars towards the tides.
1 (one) // Sachajuan’s Ocean Mist is the perfect, leave-in treatment for natural beachy waves.
2 (two) //Bridge by Jeremy Miranda. Miranda is from Newport, RI and lives and works in Salem, MA. Print by Mammoth and Co.
3 (three) // The Peking Pebble Parade pillow’s energetic vibe exudes seaside style. With eclectic charm, this decorative accessory pops with ocean turquoise circles across cream linen from Zinc Door.
4 (four) // Fornash, striped shell earring in enamel and metal. The perfect, preppy stud with a pop of color.
5 (five) // Starred and striped canvas espadrilles from the OAS. Sole made from braided natural materials.
6 (six) // The Nanette Lepore Hula Hipsters and Underwire Top in blue motif.
7 (seven) // Hay & Scholten & Baijings’ Color Carpet Rug #3. In the deft hands of a couple, routine patterns and graphics are revitalized in joyful colorations with pastels and pops of neon.
8 (eight) // Is there anything better than decorating a table with wildflowers and eating a meal outside under a clear summer sky? In Summer Foodyou’ll find suggestions for the perfect warm-weather dishes with more than 90 easy recipes for featuring fresh ingredients. Gorgeous, lifestyle photography throughout showcases the simplicity and beauty of summer.
9 (nine) // In a sophisticated ocean blue hue, these handcrafted small and large ceramic accessories by Jamie Young express contemporary texture with molded geometric details. Can hold water.